Sunday, February 12, 2012

Go JC Penney!! Go to JC Penney

Ellen DeGeneres
I've always shopped at JC Penney: I like their merchandise and I like their prices.  Now, after they firmly supported Ellen DeGeneres as their spokeswoman, I am proud to be shopping there.  A conservative group called "One Million Moms" objected to Ellen DeGeneres because she is gay. They claimed that hiring her would promote "immoral" values.  If you look on their site, they are objecting to Macy's "two groom" advertisement as well.  I hope they can find other places to shop. OMM  is confusing "traditional values" with bigotry and prejudice.  They would learn a lot more from the organization called Million Moms Challenge which raises awareness to promote healthy mothers and children all over the world.  Unfortunately, the worthy Million Moms Challenge organization got a lot of hate mail from confused Ellen fans.
On "CBS This Morning," Thursday (Feb 2, 2012), JCPenney chief executive officer, Ron Johnson, said the company "shares the same values" as DeGeneres and that the decision to have her as a spokesperson was a "no-brainer."
 And what does Ellen say about this? "They[OMM] wanted to get me fired, and I’m proud and happy to say that JCPenney stuck by their decision to make me their spokesperson. Which is great news for me because I also need some new crew socks. I’m really going to clean up with this discount.”

No comments: