Monday, December 14, 2009

THE POLITICS OF RECONNECTING

I located some classmates (from school) last month and we've been working overtime to close the 33-year or so gap.  We have a yahoo group for our batch which has taken over my life the last couple of weeks.   We are teenagers all over again.  The set up at our school was kinda funny.  It was a co-ed but the classrooms seated the boys and girls in segregated sections. Boys and girls did not talk to each other. I spent my entire school life pretending boys did not exist. Now, on the website, the string of posts started by the boys are continued by the boys and the girls respond to each other. Its déjà vu all over again, as Berra would say.  A 33yr old classroom reconstructed in cyberspace!   60% of my classmates are doctors, and the rest are engineering grads. ! There is an odd journalist and one stay-at home-mom (me).

No comments: