Thursday, November 1, 2012

Yay Governor Christie!



Republicans have finally accepted the role of Government in our daily lives.  At least, the Republican Governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie has.  Here he is, grateful to President Obama for his support in the wake of Hurricane Sandy disaster.  Snubbing Fox host Steve Doocy in an interview recently when asked if he would tour the disaster areas with Mitt Romney, Christie declared, "I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested.  I've a job to do here in New Jersey that's much bigger than presidential politics and I could care less about any of that stuff.  I've got 2.4 million people out of power.  I've got devastation on the Shore. I've got floods in the northern part of my state.  If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics, then you don't know me."


Trees are down, damaging power lines.  There are still 1.7 million homes without power and I have no hope of getting it within the next week. There is also a gas shortage.  However, President Obama has taken steps to provide immediate disaster relief.  Kudos to Governor Christie for putting aside partisan politics and taking care of NJ in distress.  


No comments: