- 2 large eggplants
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Char eggplants over gas flames until soft, then allow them to cool. Peel the eggplants and let them drain in a sieve. Purée the eggplant in a food processor with the lemon juice, ground cumin, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tahini (sesame) cream.
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame) paste.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Juice of 2 1/2 lemons, or more to taste.
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt to taste.
Recipes modified from the Egyptian Daily News